Use the Configure Shipping page to set the shipping charges, shipping providers, and shipping options
If you are not already signed up for this feature, please contact your Merchant Service Provider or PayTrace Support at moc.ecarTyaP|troppuS#moc.ecarTyaP|troppuS.
How to Use This Page
- Enter a Surcharge amount. Leave the field at 0, if no surcharge needs to be added. The Surcharge amount should be entered as a percentage or a fixed rate.
- Select a Surcharge Type.
- International Amount Link
- Use the International Amount section to set the Flat Rate per Country.
- Flexible Flat Rate w/ Zones Link
- Use the Flexible Flat Rate w/ Zones section to set Flat Rates by Zone.
- Must be a numeric value between 0.01 and 999,999.99 representing the actual percentage rate. Must not be the decimal representation or the $ amount.
- Surcharge Type
- Set to Percentage or Fixed Amount.
- Service Providers
- Select which shipping service providers you are willing to ship your products through. The shopping cart will communicate with each of the selected service providers at the time of each checkout to quote your customer the cost to ship their order.
- Customize/Add Criteria
- Control specific shipping options to be returned by the shipping provider. By using a keyword in the shipping title for the criteria value, merchants can remove all options but the listed criteria. Or merchants can choose to display only those items that meet the criteria: an example would be to specify Air or Ground as the criteria value. Multiple criteria values can be entered by clicking on Customize/Add Criteria next to the shipping provider. USPS shipping options can be customized to allow or not allow insured and flat rate options, as well as control rates by criteria.
- Flat Rate per Product
- If this option is selected, then the Title, and Fixed Amount are required. The customer will see the Title that describes the shipping amount when checking out. This shipping rate will charge the fixed amount rate for each product in the customer's cart that is shippable. Surcharge amounts and rates will not be assessed for this shipping option.
- Flat Rate w/ Threshold
- If this option is selected, then the Title, Fixed Amount, Threshold Amount, and Variable Rate must be specified. An example would be if you wished to charge a fixed shipping rate for all orders. You may name/title the method whatever you like for your customers to see and you may specify the fixed amount that the customer will be charged. You must also specify a threshold amount that, if met, the customer will be charged an additional fee (calculated by multiplying the variable rate by the total purchase amount) that will be added to the fixed amount. Note that this will only be applied to products that have Include Shipping Costs set to Yes. The variable rate should be entered as a percentage rate, not as the decimal representation of the percentage. Also, a surcharge rate/amount will not be applied to this shipping method.
- Flat Rate w/ Zones
- If this option is selected, then the Title, Domestic, Canadian, and Intl amount must be specified. An example would be if you wished to charge a fixed shipping rate for each item of each order depending on the country where the order is being shipped. You may name/title the method whatever you like for your customers to see and you may specify the fixed amount that the customer will be charged, depending on whether their order is shipped within the US, Canada, or any other country. Each item in each order will be assessed the fixed amount depending on the order's destination. Note that you may specify the fixed rate for each country by clicking the Intl Amount link, after selecting the Flat Rate w/ Zones option, and saving your settings. If a country's specific rate is selected, then its rate will be assessed; otherwise, the Intl Amount will be applied to the order.
- Flexible Flat Rate w/ Zones
- If this option is selected, then the Title must be specified, and the label will display as a link once the settings are saved. Click the Flat Rate w/ Zones link to create your own dynamic zones throughout the world. Once you have created zones, you may specify dynamic ranges up to 100 pounds or packages, with each range having its own amount per pound or package. Orders that are shipped to a specified zone will have their weight or item count multiplied by the amount per pound or package value for the range to which it applies.