Use the New Discretionary Data page to specify information about data objects that you need to save and are not already recorded by PayTrace. For example, you may create discretionary data elements for information that is unique to your business or industry, such as date of birth, hair color, gender, or how the customer heard about your business. You can have up to 6 disc data fields.
If you are not already signed up for this feature, please contact your Merchant Service Provider or PayTrace Support at moc.ecarTyaP|troppuS#moc.ecarTyaP|troppuS.
How to Use This Page
- Enter the Title for the Discretionary Data.
- Select Text Box, Drop Down/Select menu, or Multi-Select for the Discretionary Data Type.
- Select Customers or Products for Apply To.
- Select Yes or No for Required.
- Select Yes or No for On Receipt.
- Enter a maximum number of characters, the type of data that should be expected, and whether the element is required.
- Enter a minimum number of characters, the type of data that should be expected, and whether the element is required.
- Select Alpha-numeric, Alphabetic, Numeric, or Date for the Data Type.
- Click the Save button.
- Must consist of 1 to 50 alpha-numeric characters.
- Maximum Length
- Must be a numeric value, up to 99.
- Indicates whether the Discretionary Data is required.
- On Receipt
- Indicates whether the discretionary data element will be displayed on receipts. Some sensitive information (e.g., date of birth and social security number) should not be printed or emailed on receipts.
- Text boxes are open text fields that may be defined by Modify Discretionary data after the element is created. Drop Down/Select Menu and Multiple Select may be used to offer options for selection.
- Apply To
- Options include Customers and Products, as well as the data element that will be presented when either a Customer or a Product is being referenced, created, or updated.
- Minimum Length
- Must be a numeric value from 0 to 99. This applies to the Text Box option only.
- New Option
- Allows for 25 characters of free text. This applies to both the Multiple Select and Drop down options.