Use the Manage Shopping Cart page to specify the type of transaction that the PayTrace Shopping Cart should process and where to locate your businesses terms and conditions statement. You may also customize what information your customers will be prompted to complete during checkout
How to Use This Page
- Select a Transaction Type - Select the type of transaction that you want the shopping cart to process. Both the Sale/Purchase and Authorization transaction types obtain a real time authorization for the transaction amount. However, Authorizations will not settle funds until you capture them.
- Enter a Terms Link - Provide the URL address or web address of the web page that displays your terms and conditions. Your customers are required to mark their acceptance of your terms and conditions at the time of checkout.
- Select Display Terms Link - Select whether you want to show your terms and conditions in an iFrame window in the checkout or just have a link to your terms and conditions.
- Select a Shipping County Tax - Select whether you want your customers to be prompted to provide the county to which their order will be shipped. The shipping county is used for tax calculation only when shipping applies to at least one product in the customer's cart, This field should be set to Do Not Prompt for Customer's Shipping County, if county tax is irrelevant.
- Select Return Customers - Select whether you want your customers to be able to log back into their customer profiles when returning to your shopping cart. If Prompt Return Customers to Log In is selected, then customers will be asked to provide a password when processing their first transaction. In addition, customers who process an approved transaction will have their shipping and billing information stored in your PayTrace account's customer profile database.
- Select Authentication Text - Select whether you want your customers to be required to enter text as it is displayed in a blurry image. This is a feature to prevent potentially fraudulent activity on your shopping cart. Forcing customers to enter the authentication text confirms that an actual customer processed the order versus a fraudster's fraudulent robot.
- Select Accept Custom Payments - Select whether you want your customers to be prompted for customer-defined payment amounts/donations through your product-based shopping cart. You can create links for these payments/donations and accept these payments through your donation cart. This setting only specifies whether customer-defined payments, such as donations, may be offered by customers who are also purchasing products.
- Enter a Custom Title - Specify a title for your custom payments. The default value is Donations. Custom payments are transactions where the customer specifies the amount they will pay, contribute, or donate. The value assigned as the Title will be used throughout the Shopping Cart menu and Checkout pages.
- Enter a Convenience Fee - Provide a title for an optional surcharge amount that may be charged for all shopping cart orders. The surcharge may be used as a convenience fee for processing online transactions. This title may consist of up to 50 characters of free text.
- Select a Convenience Fee Type - Select the type of surcharge to assess during checkout through the shopping cart. This type will quantify the amount provided below as a fixed amount or a percentage of the combined product amounts.
- Select a Convenience Fee Amount - Provide a numeric fixed amount or percentage of the combined product amount to be assessed as a surcharge during the shopping cart checkout process. This value should be entered as a $ amount or percentage, such as $#.## or #.##%.
Approved sales will automatically settle each night at 8 p.m. Pacific Time. Store & Forward transactions will not authorize or settle until they are processed on the Store & Forward page under the Virtual Terminal Menu.
- Terms Link
- The web address must include the prefix http:
- Custom Title
- May consist of up to 25 characters, including numbers, letters, and special characters. The default value for this field is Donation.
- Surcharge Title
- May consist of up to 50 characters, including numbers, letters, and special characters.