The PayTrace Virtual Terminal accepts key-entered credit card information.
How to Use This Page
- Once you have logged into the PayTrace system, click on the Key Enter Card link from the Virtual Terminal Menu.
- To process a transaction against an existing Customer Account, select the Customer Account from the drop down menu or search for the Customer ID/Name first and then select the Customer Account.
- To search for a customer, enter text in the Search field and click Search. The following fields within stored customer profiles will be included in the search: customer ID, billing name, email address, the Tax ID value, and discretionary data.
- Click the link for the desired Customer Account from the list of search results.
- Select the Transaction Type that should be processed (Sale, Authorization, Refund, Forced Sale, Store & Forward, or Cash/Check). The Transaction Type defaults to Sale.
- In the Billing Information section, enter data into all of the Required fields, which are indicated by red text.
- When all required data has been entered, click Process.
The only Required fields in the Billing Information section are Amount, Credit Card Number, and Expiration Date. If the Transaction Type is a Forced Sale, then the 6-digit Approval Code is also required. (See field definitions below)
- … an estimate for shipping costs?
- Enables the user to estimate shipping costs for the transaction. This link opens the Shipping Calculator Page page.
- View Details (button)
- Opens the Transaction Details page.
- View Receipt (button)
- Opens the View Printable Receipt page.
- View Invoice (button)
- Opens the View Printable Invoice page.
- Add Level III Data (button)
- Opens the Add Level III Data to a Transaction page.
- Reprocess Card
- Redirects you to the Process a Transaction page, with the same account information pre-filled.
- Save this customer's billing information
- When checked, the Customer's Billing Address that was entered for the current transaction is saved, after the Save button is clicked.
Email Receipts to
- Email Check Boxes
- Displayed with the Administrator's email address. If there is more than one email address associated with this account in Email Addresses, additional check boxes will be displayed. When checked, receipts will be emailed to the specified email address(es).
- This is the transaction amount. The amount should be entered as it would be on a calculator, with decimals, if necessary. It is the US Dollar amount you want to charge or refund your customer. The amount must be a positive number between 0.01 and 999,999.99 or your purchase ceiling amount, whichever is less.
- Credit Card Number
- The Credit Card Number must contain a valid credit card number from an issuer that is marked as accepted in your Processor Information section. The complete credit card number must be entered without spaces or dashes.
- Expiration Date
- The month and year of the expiration date displayed on your customer's credit card.
- The 3 or 4 digit security code for the card being processed. The 3 digit CSC for Mastercard, Visa, Discover, JCB, and Diner’s Club is located on the back of the card. The 4 digit CSC for American Express is located on the front of the card.
- Invoice Number
- The invoice number for the transaction, if applicable. The invoice number must consist of between 1 and 50 alpha-numeric characters. This value is required by Visa for all card not present transactions. PayTrace encourages you to enter a unique ID for this transaction or the last 4 digits of the card number.
- The customer name must consist of 1 to 50 alphabetic characters. Enter your customer's name in this field.
- The billing address must consist of 1 to 100 alpha-numeric characters. This address is your customer's billing address and will be used to protect you and prevent fraudulent or unauthorized use of your customer's card.
- Address Continued
- The Address Continued may consist of 1 to 100 alpha-numeric characters. This is not a required field.
- The city may consist of 1 to 20 alphabetic characters.
- The state where the customer’s billing address is located. The state must consist of the the 2-character state code.
- The zip code must consist of 1 to 9 numeric digits. This ZIP is your customer's billing ZIP and will be used to protect you and prevent fraudulent or unauthorized use of your customer's card.
- The country where the customer’s billing address is located.
- Email Address
- The customer’s email address must consist of a valid email address between 7 and 250 alpha-numeric characters. Receipts will be sent to this email address, if you choose to have the receipt emailed.
- Phone Number
- The customer’s phone number, without spaces.
Level II Information
- Tax Amount
- The tax amount that is included in the transaction amount. The tax amount may contain up to 12 numeric digits and a decimal. The default value is 0.
- Customer Reference ID
- A customer identifier that consists of up to 15 characters. The default customer ID is the PayTrace transaction ID.
- Any additional information about the transaction, such as the included product(s) or any other information about the customer. This field may consist of 1 to 50 alpha-numeric characters describing any details about the transaction you want to record.
- Shipping Address
- Indicates whether the customer’s shipping address is the same as their billing address.
- May consist of 1 to 50 alphabetic characters. Please enter your customer's name in this field. This is not a required field.
- The customer’s shipping address. The shipping information is not used to process the transaction; however, this information will enrich your transaction reporting. May consist of between 1 and 100 alpha-numeric characters. This is not a required field.
- Address Continued
- Any additional elements of the customer’s shipping address. May consist of 1 to 100 alpha-numeric characters. This is not a required field.
- The city where the customer’s shipping address is located. May consist of between 1 and 20 alphabetic characters. This is not a required field.
- The state where the customer’s shipping address is located. Must consist of the the 2-character state code.
- The zip code for the customer’s shipping address. Must consist of 1 to 9 numeric digits.
- The country where the customer’s shipping address is located.
For Forced Sales Only
- Approval Code
- The 6-character approval code that was obtained offline when processing a Forced Sale. The approval code is required when processing a Forced Sale.
For Store & Forwards Only
- Processing Date
- The date on which a Store & Forward should be authorized and settled automatically. This is an optional field and may be modified before the transaction is processed automatically.