This page displays the result of your transaction. If approved, your transaction's approval code, Address Verification (AVS), and Card Security Code (CSC) responses will be displayed. You will also have several options for how to proceed.
At this point, you may also update or add this transaction data to your customer profiles. Also, you may email the receipt to your merchant email address and to your customer, if you provided the customer email address in the transaction data.
- Approval Code
- A 6-digit numeric value that signifies that the funds you requested are reserved for you on your customer's card. However, this approval code does not guarantee that the card holder authorized this transaction. Thus, it is important to consult the following fraud features.
- AVS Response
- The result of the Address Verification System. If you entered your customer's billing address and ZIP code, PayTrace attempted to verify that the address you entered matches the address on the card holder's statement. If it did match, you know that the person who gave you the card number also knows the card's billing address.
- CSC Response
- The result of the Card Verification Value (CVV) or Card ID (CID) verification. If you entered your customer's card's CSC value, PayTrace attempted to verify that the CSC you entered matches the CSC on the back of the credit card. If it did match, you know that the person who gave you the card number likely has the card in their possession.
- Customer Code
- May consist of 1 to 17 alpha-numeric characters that can be used to identify your customer on their company card's monthly statement. This field will only appear if the card is recognized as a Level 2 Purchasing Card. If this field does appear, please enter the code your customer provides to you or the same value you entered for the invoice number.
- Tax Amount
- May consist of 1 to 12 numeric digits that can be used to specify the amount of the transaction that was tax. This field will only appear if the card is recognized as a Level 2 Purchasing Card. If this field does appear, please enter the total amount of tax included in the purchase amount for your customer's reporting purposes. Enter a negative number, such as -1, if the transaction was tax exempt.