View Ip Rules
**Use the Add New Rule to help protect your PayTrace account, and you may create/modify as many IP Rules as necessary. IP Rules are evaluated each time a log in attempt is made on your account. **
How to Use This Page
- Enter an IP Address.
- Enter a Significant value.
- Select an Action.
- Click the Save button.
- IP Rules with higher Significant Character values are given more value in situations of overlap. So, if more than one IP Rules match/apply to a single IP Address, the rule with the highest significance is used to allow or deny access.
- In order to prevent access from all IP Addresses, you would want to set the IP Address to 0.0.0.0, set the significant characters to 0, and set the Action to Deny. This IP Rule would match all IP Addresses and deny any IP address access to your account.
- After you create/modify an IP Rule to deny access to all IP Addresses, you would want to create/modify another IP Rule to allow access to your computer or range of computers. For example, if your IP Address is 22.214.171.124 then you would want to set the IP Address to 126.96.36.199, set the significant characters to 15, and set the Action to Allow. This IP Rule would match only one IP Address and allow only it access to your account. Note that you may create as many rules as necessary to grant access to several single computers.
- If you want a range of computers to be able to access your account (i.e. office computers) then you would want to create/modify an IP Rule to deny access as described above and then you would want to set the IP Address to 188.8.131.52, set the significant characters to 6, and set the Action to Allow. This IP Rule would match only IP Addresses that begin with 1.1.1. and allow them access to your account. Please note that all IP Address from 184.108.40.206 through 220.127.116.119 would be granted access to your account as long as the user provided the correct user name and password.
- IP Address
- Internet Protocol Address that will be used to evaluate/match IP Rules. IP Addresses are formatted as ###.###.###.### where 4 decimal delimited sets of up to 3 numeric digits combine to create a value of up to 15 characters. Each computer connected to the Internet uses a unique IP Address. Some ISPs dynamically update IP Addresses, and you should contact your ISP or moc.ecarTyaP|troppuS#moc.ecarTyaP|troppuS before creating/modifying IP Rules.
- Specify the number of characters that should be evaluated when authenticating log in attempts. Significant characters start on the left and work their way to the right. If the specified IP Address is 18.104.22.168 and you want any IP Address that starts with 1.1.1. to match this rule, specify 6 as the Significant Character.
- Specify whether IP Addresses that match this IP Rule will be allowed or denied access to PayTrace. Please note that IP Addresses that match multiple rules will be allowed or denied access based on the rule with the highest Significant Character. Defaults to Allow.
page revision: 0, last edited: 31 Oct 2014 20:59